Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Passion for flower pictures!

I guess why I love taking pictures of flowers is because of the color and the unique opportunity to play with photo composition. Whether it is about playing with special camera features, or simply a unique perspective, it is fun!
The rest of this entry will require almost no words I will let the flowers do the talking.

This is of a purple indoor plant in our bay window. The flower looks kind of small and unremarkable. So I took some closeups!This is the Mountain Laurel in my back yard. It doesn't bloom every year. but when it does it is magnificent. I caught several pictures of it one morning With Linnaea in the carrier on my chest.Speaking of Linnaea I had to include her at least once in this posting. I don't love this picture that much but it was of flowers sent to Linnaea when she came home. These came from her Great Grandma Beals.
This is one of my favorites. That is Stone Henge in the background. And in the foreground clover!
The Village of Corfe and Corfe Castle in England. I believe the pub is the Greyhound inn and the ruins of Corfe castle are in the background.

Here is a perspective picture of some flowers sticking out of the fence around the steam train station in Corfe. The Colors were a bright spot before the clouds and rain cleared.
More perspective pictures in Corfe. These little blue flowers had a great color. I wish I had more time to change the focus onto them instead of the street. But I still like the picture.

Mountain flowers practically sticking out of the rocks while on a mountain hike in Slovenija. The focus is on the flowing water behind the flowers.
Water Lilies at Schonbrun Palace near Vienna Austria.

Pictures from our own garden at home of an Asiatic Lilly. The poor thing was devastated this year by a little red beetle. There was only one pathetic looking flower on it. Maybe it will come back next year!
Pictures of the floral decoration on the Huppa at my cousins wedding in Washington DC.























Flowers on the west coast looking out over the Pacific Ocean along Route 1 in California.























Again a flowers over looking the Pacific Ocean.

Golden Gate Park in San Francisco. I was playing the the color selection feature on the camera.

One of the first pictures I took with my camera. The bee was probably 10 feet away buzzing around a flower in Golden Gate Park. I was amazingly happy with this picture. Probably part of why I love taking flower pictures!

Some day I will Justify a better camera and then I can really have some fun with macro pictures. Maybe then I will post some bug photos!
In the mean time I will continue to post flower shots as I take them. Hope that someone out there enjoys!

No comments: